Welcome to Trinity
We are a welcoming, healing community that is participating with God in loving the world.
- We seek to follow God's example of love and compassion.
- We welcome everybody, and honor all people.
- We live as Christ’s body, each member individually gifted to do God’s work in the world.
- We practice Lutheran forms of worship in an informally warm manner.
- We encourage one another to make a difference in the world, bringing hope to despair, comfort to fear, and healing to hurt.
Trinity Lutheran Church was founded in 1907, after the great San Francisco earthquake caused many people to move to Oakland. For many years, it was a primarily Norwegian church, offering worship in the Norwegian language. Today, the congregation is a diverse, energetic congregation that is warm and intimate. Mutual care is evident throughout our life together, from announcements before worship to our prayer life to interactive sermons to genuine fellowship downstairs after the benediction. The pastor sends out weekly (or more often) emails that detail the concerns and news of the congregation. Members and friends pitch in on a variety of efforts. We are changing with each new person who walks in the doors.
Worship times and directions are at the left.
At this site you canLearn about what happens at the church on Sunday.
Learn about work we do in the city.
Order free “Songs of Hope and Healing CDs” and listen to some samples of the songs.
Meet the church’s staff.
Write us for more information.
Trinity Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Sierra Pacific Synod
of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.